Our Series A client is looking for a founding senior backend engineer. They are building a modern and aspirational banking experience by bringing rewards and benefits to the everyday debit card and have recently secured over $10million in investment.
- You will help to build a mobile banking app that you would actually use. They're challenging the status quo and building a premium debit card to align incentives with members.
- You will work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of their co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a team of 2.5 engineers
- You will have impact across the entire company from new product features, internal tools, or jamming on a marketing idea - no shortage of things to work on.
- They're funded and supported by top investors - backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others.
What will you do:
- You will work to ensure integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable - our card issuer, card printer, identity verification vendors, Plaid, etc.
- You will build the backend logic that powers new features. Potential examples: instant bank transfers, custom rewards - features that will enable Point to attract and retain more members.
- You will build scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency.
- Have been working as a backend engineer for 3+ years with at least 2 of them using Node.js, AWS, PostgreSQL, and GraphQL. Usually language experience doesn't really matter to us but we're moving quickly and would like for you to have experience with our current stack.
- Worked at a really small start-up that went from 0 → 1 and understand how to scale backend systems.
- Have spent time working in a senior engineer role but are still excited about being a core contributor to the codebase.
- Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack - from mobile app UI to the database architecture.
- Competitive salary and stock options based on experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).