Location: Dublin, Ireland
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As the Head of Customer Experience Operations (EMEA), you will be responsible for support across Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The role will be based in our office in Dublin, Ireland and entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team. You will also work with other global leaders to achieve scale in a thoughtful, effective way. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Responsible for providing support for Coinbase customers by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving cases across multiple channels.
- Manage, prioritize and respond to Tier 2 and/or 3 issues, inquiries and escalations.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to handle hi-priority queues and provide daily handovers to global operational teams.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner.
- Work with customer advocacy to operationalize and standardize new and existing policies, processes and procedures.
- Proactively drive impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by working with internal support teams and vendor partners.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of metrics and dashboards to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, ruthless prioritization and efficient execution.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other internal teams including Advocacy, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents and product feedback.
Nice to haves:
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Experience with compliance, payments, fraud, account access, trust and safety or other relevant operational domains.
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, and/or social.
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate globally across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Experience with payment processing, banking, cryptocurrency or other relevant operational domains desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 10% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need)
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Dutch, French, German or another language desirable.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Experience working with and partnering with external outsource business partners
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants:
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.