Location: Dublin, Ireland
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As the Head of Customer Experience Operations (EMEA), you will be responsible for support across Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The role will be based in our office in Dublin, Ireland and entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team. You will also work with other global leaders to achieve scale in a thoughtful, effective way. Responsibilities
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across the wider Customer Experience organization, with a strong bias to action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- With a people-first mindset, effectively hire, manage and develop a team of operations managers to support multiple markets within EMEA.
- Manage multiple lines of business (account operations, payments, policy enforcement, etc.) and both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Collaborate with EU/UK leadership and provide direct oversight and support for regulatory requirements in Ireland.
- Embrace cultural and regional nuances to accelerate Coinbase's growth trajectory across international markets and employee base.
- Solve complex and potentially ambiguous scalability challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced crypto environment.
- Define and deliver on organizational-level OKR's and service level agreements, enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer experience.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, capacity planning and financials to make informed data-driven decisions.
- Drive all aspects of resourcing conversations, including recruitment, capacity planning and budget management.
- Develop continuous learning initiatives, particularly focused on cryptocurrency, finance and technology.
- Facilitate projects related to support readiness, process improvements, cost savings and employee development.
- Foster a highly engaged organization, setting up opportunities for career development and growth.
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience, including leadership roles.
- Subject matter expertise in customer support, payments (fiat or crypto), compliance, risk operations and/or client services.
- Track record of scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, including voice, email, social and chat.
- Experience working with global outsourcing providers and senior leadership.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
- Experience in project management, analytics and/or vendor management.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or crypto.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants:
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.