Location: Tokyo, Japan
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence in building out our Japan Accounting Team. The Senior Accountant on the Platform Accounting team must possess exceptional accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and work with various teams outside of Finance (such as Data, Payment Operations and Crypto Payments), and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company. Reporting to the Director, Platform Accounting, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing platform data in the company's financial / platform systems. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate. Responsibilities
- Partner with Data to investigate and resolve crypto / payment exceptions timely
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues
- Record journal entries and perform reconciliations of various platform digital asset and fiat accounts
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logics or enhancements
- Provide support for internal, external and regulatory audits related to specific areas of responsibility
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
Nice to haves:
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience; (public accounting/private industry mix is a plus!)
- Financial services industry such as fintech, payments and/or broker dealers preferred.
- BA/BS in Accounting and licensed CPA
- Month-end close experience preferred
- Impeccable organization skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- Solid work ethic and team player
- Experience working through and acting as liaison with the JFSA
- Technical data skills (e.g. SQL or similar), Netsuite and Google Suite products experience a plus
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.