Our client is building the future of medical decision-making. Instead of trusting one person based on their credentials, they get opinions from many people and trust them based on skills. On their mobile app users compete to analyze medical cases most accurately as they help to build the next generation of medical AI. They're backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Global Founders Capital, the LEO Innovation Lab, and MIT.
About the role:
They are a small, fast-moving engineering team. As our first engineer devoted exclusively to the backend, your work will shape our product and software systems for years to come. You'll help us implement industry best practices and develop a strong engineering team culture. The ideal candidate has both depth and breadth, is comfortable working up and down the stack, and knows how to balance quality with speed.
Note: They're a full-stack Swift company, one of the earliest adopters of server-side Swift in production (Vapor framework). They love Swift's speed of development, safety, and modern design.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing clean APIs for our mobile app and customers
- Continuous improvement of our data models and data storage
- Proactively monitoring and optimizing infrastructure performance, logging, and error handling
- Gathering data for our data science team and building tools to help them translate our data into insights
- Wearing many hats and getting your hands dirty
- 3+ years developing with a modern web language (e.g. Swift, Node, Golang, Python)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (e.g. Heroku, AWS, Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL)