Our client a post-seed health analytics startup, is looking for a Head of Engineering to grow, lead, and scale their engineering team and processes, while maintaining and further improving the infrastructure necessary to power data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
Healthcare costs and inefficiencies are one of the largest problems facing the United States, and improving healthcare quality can affect humanity on a global scale. If you want to join a small team of data experts look no further. Responsibilities:
As Head of Engineering, you will be the leading voice on engineering-related decision making.
- You will serve as a "player-coach," setting an example through thoughtful and detail-oriented personal contributions to our code, while magnifying the impact of others on your team.
- You will be responsible for staffing, resourcing, and mentoring a best-in-class engineering department.
- You are capable of getting into the details when necessary to help diagnose issues and remove blockers, while maintaining big-picture focus and guiding technical strategy.
- You are a strong communicator and manager of people, constantly striving to put your team in the best position to succeed while holding them accountable to the highest standards of excellence.
- This role will report to the COO.
- Leadership - Demonstrated leadership of both products and teams, including strategy and mentorship
- Ownership - Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
- Full-stack web - experience building data-driven single-page-applications (React preferred) and the back-end APIs that power them
- Data management - experience moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Dev Ops - Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security - Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication - Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company.