Our partner's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. They want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds-from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences-so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. They have developed a Q&A platform where online communities can come together to have discussions about whatever topic that interests them!
In this role you will collaborate closely with sales, marketing, customers, engineers, data scientists, and product managers. Designers at this start-up code, this means you build and test what you design with technical competence and rigor.
They are seeking a designer who is as excited to engage with their business strategy and goals as building the product to achieve those goals.
Common problems you'll face as a product designer on this team include deciding which customers to focus on or weighing the ROI to build a customer requested feature vs. how to better anticipate their needs vs. building something to get more customers.
- Identify high-impact opportunities, design features in pursuit of goals, and explain the rationale for your decisions.
- Understand the highly technical and data driven environment of performance advertising, generating product insights that contribute to business strategy.
- Streamline and manage UI complexity (complexity reduction is not always the solution), resulting in polished UI design, clear information hierarchy, a holistic feature set.
- Collaborate with research and business marketing experts to understand the creative needs of advertisers large and small, designing scalable solutions with empathy for customer needs (advertisers large and small, content marketers through business accounts)
- Drive work autonomously, demonstrate pragmatism and agility.
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects. Ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements multiple times a week.
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities is required. Applications without portfolios will not be reviewed.
- Experience designing complex products in a B2B space resulting in clear, effective interactions that accomplished business goals.
- Can build what you design (capable in various languages and frameworks such as HTML, CSS, JS, and React).
- Proven ability to collaborate and empathize with, as well as challenge, business marketing, sales, designers, engineers, and data scientists.
- Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies, with attention to detail, typography, spacing, and color.
- Comfort with A/B testing, data analysis frameworks.
For more information, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org