Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We are looking for an exceptional paralegal to be a key teammate to the International Legal team and help support the company across a broad set of corporate and legal issues affecting the world's most trusted digital currency business. You will have the opportunity to work directly on a variety of corporate governance, entity management and legal operations matters. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Review, draft and negotiate legal documents such as vendor agreements or NDAs (with support from outside counsel on more complex documents)
- Coordinate board and committee meetings, and other meetings with key contacts (e.g. outside counsel and regulatory authorities); be responsible for corporate governance and maintain corporate records
- File, maintain and manage all legal documents
- Complete administrative tasks to support the Legal function
- Research applicable regulations and laws and their interpretation
- Co-ordinate closely with members of the broader Legal team in London, Singapore and San Francisco to ensure consistency of approach
- Perform Japanese and English translations of legal documents
- Assist with various ad hoc projects that may arise
Nice to haves:
- Significant experience as a corporate paralegal, either at a major law firm or in-house
- At least three years of demonstrated responsibility for and success with:
- using global company contract management and entity management systems
- board of directors communications and record keeping within a complex global corporate structure
- direct communications with senior internal leadership and external stakeholders
- Exceptional professional judgment, exercised in a multicultural, global workplace
- Bachelor's Degree or above
- Fluent verbal and written proficiency in English and Japanese.
- Highly skilled in legal concepts and terminology
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support on broader initiatives when needed
- Ability to process highly confidential data and maintain discretion
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Experience in a law firm
- Experience with technology companies (ideally Fintech) whether with clients while at a law firm or as an employee
- Experience dealing with financial regulators
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.