Location: London, UK
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company. The team is a partner to the senior leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. The "Biz Ops Lead - Europe" will partner directly with the EU General Manager, effectively serving as his COO for regional matters. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Collaborate directly with our European GM on day-to-day management of the Europe region
- Ensure close collaboration across teams in European offices and sharing of best practices
- Identify opportunities to drive growth within Europe across Coinbase.com, Coinbase Pro, and Coinbase Custody
- Interface with teams at HQ to agree and prioritize Europe-focused projects on our Product teams' roadmaps
- Oversee project management efforts for international-focused projects (e.g., new country launches, ad hoc projects for existing geographies)
Nice to haves:
- 6-8 years of experience in a) management consulting or investment banking at a top-tier firm; b) product management at high-growth start-ups / tech companies; and/or c) GM roles at high-growth start-ups / tech companies
- Strategic thinking and an ability to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives (including legal, finance, business, engineering, and customer experience) to create an actionable plan
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and geographies
- Experience working internationally, and/or proficiency in a European language in addition to English
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency and Coinbase's business
- Experience working on internationalization or international expansion
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.