Through Fintricity, our core consulting brand, we have been at the forefront of technology and digital transformation for over 15 years, most recently with a focus on bringing innovation to leading brands through expertise in big data, analytics and technologies that are disrupting our future (such as blockchain and IoT).
Alongside Fintricity we are launching a range of exciting new start-up ventures to disrupt and digitally transform multiple industries using the above expertise.
Big Data experienced professionals will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including:
- Solution architecture formulation (including role of conventional information management platforms).
- Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
- Must have completed AT LEAST ONE end to end Big Data implementation project.
- Delivery and regular communication with teams both onshore & offshore
- Vendor assessment
- Implementation of high volume batch processing involving large data stores
- Extensive experience at programme management level across large teams working in multiple locations – both on shore and off shore desirably
- Extensive experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Consultative nature
Qualitative and Personal Skills
- Good communication skills - able to articulate key messages very clearly
- Openness to work with different languages & cultures
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
- Eagerness to learn – you enjoy the challenge of getting to master new products in a very short timeframe