Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do great work . People love our software-and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a " Best Company to Work For ," and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Why You Should Apply
Not every hero wears a cape. If you've been in the payroll industry, you understand that payroll is a vital function in every organization. But when it comes to supporting and enabling these payroll professionals, who are their heroes?
BambooHR is on the cusp of becoming an all-in-one HRIS/Payroll system for SMB businesses, and we're committed to innovating the software products companies use to process payroll. But even the most advanced payroll software is incomplete without a world-class team supporting and enabling the payroll professionals using it.
Cue the Sr. Payroll Specialist. What You'll Do
Think of this position as the right blend between payroll and client support. As a member of our Payroll Support Team , you will provide email and phone support to our clients through in-depth troubleshooting and research. Your payroll knowledge will not only give you the confidence to provide solutions to challenging questions related to our software (or payroll processing in general,) but also to mentor other team members.
As a Sr. Payroll Specialist, you'll have a meaningful impact-both in the lives of our clients as their payroll guru and on our Payroll Support Team as you multiply those around you. You'll be an essential part of ongoing process development.
By the way, if you don't have payroll experience but would like to get into payroll, don't worry. You can apply to our general application and we'll let you know as soon as we have another opening! What You Need to Get the Job Done
If you're well versed in multi-state payroll processing (including different payroll types and schedules), you have the right experience. We have clients in diverse industries all over the US, so an understanding of different state taxes will allow you to best assist our clients.
If your knowledge is sound, we're not too concerned with the number of years of experience. We are mostly interested in the quality of your experience and the knowledge you've acquired.
Specifically, here's what we're looking for:
- Experience calculating and processing various payroll types in multiple states
- Understanding of deductions, withholdings, amendments, garnishments, and other payroll functions
- Understanding of where to go for payroll and tax updates/changes
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Tech-savvy (you'll need to become familiar with a lot of different software)
- Live in the state of Utah (this is not a remote position)
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease
- Ability to type 60+ words per minute
What You'll Love About Us
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
- Great Company Culture. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like Salt Lake Tribune , Glassdoor , & Comparably for our great workplace culture.
- Meaningful Work. You won't just be a cog in a wheel. All Bambooligans have a big impact and are expected to make their work count.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits . Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match.
- Financial Peace University. Bamboo pays for you to take the class , and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.