Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software--and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For" , and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
What You'll Do
Our ideal Software Engineer for this role will be an integral contributor to the current and next generation of our APP. You'll be working on multiple projects related to our payroll feature to continue making us the #1 HR Software for SMB business. If you have worked with payroll systems and you get a kick out of building beautiful world-class software, then you will love being part of our team.
- Write code for back end processes, RESTful public web APIs, and, of course, our industry-leading website
- Research technologies and engineer complete solutions to problems
- Propose and implement performance optimizations and scaling strategies
- Work with the rest of the team to integrate your projects into the application
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our systems and processes
- Come to work, do great things, then go home
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- 5+ years of experience in web development
- Object-Oriented development
- MySQL - both SQL query language and database structure/design
- MS SQL - You understand not only standard SQL but are competent in stored procedures
- Version control software, preferably Git
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- We can see that you have a service-minded attitude
- Real-world examples of demonstrated technical leadership
- You have worked with payroll systems before so you understand deductions, taxes, garnishments, and payroll processing
- Proven experience working on regular time-based events like processing paychecks every week
- Understand or have worked with tax engines like Symmetry or Master Tax
- Experience with ACH And Nacha export files
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like Salt Lake Tribune , Fortune & Entrepreneur for our great workplace culture.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this!)
- Health Benefits . Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match
- Financial Peace University. Bamboo pays for you to take the class , and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
***Want to speed up the process? Try our Backend Engineer coding challenge!
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired