Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Be an advisor and thought partner to the Chief Product Officer, and be able to stand-in during meetings, take key decisions and speak on behalf of the CPO.
- Help the product team towards clear and efficient decision-making.
- Support the CPO in setting and communicating overall product strategy across Coinbase's product portfolio.
- Support the CPO in setting overall communication strategy, planning of internal events and help align internal communications.
- Ensure strategy cascades to the broader organization.
- Act as an extension of product leadership, representing the team in cross-functional meetings and in open forums.
- Run the "rhythm of the business," establishing the operating rhythm of the team and helping to facilitate its execution wherever possible.
- Organize and coordinate intra-team projects and action items - figure out which fires are burning, prioritize them quickly, and figure out which to put out first!
- Identify and resolve issues gaps with actionable, data-guided recommendations. Create systems and processes that will avoid such problems in the future.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or Finance) or equivalent practical experience. MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical or engineering field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or equivalent strategy/project management experience in a line role for a technology firm.
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Knowledge of product organizations.
- A bias to action and a mentality that no job is too big or too small to be done the right way.
- Excellent analytic, strategic thinking, organizational planning, and execution skills.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across product, engineering, business operations, finance, legal etc.
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, listening and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically from first principles while managing with a sense of urgency through ambiguities.
- Ability to drive processes through internal stakeholders.
- Excellent program/project management skills with ability to drive complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.