Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You will own the development and execution of Coinbase Consumer's marketing strategy.
- You will be the voice of the customer and trusted advisor as to how current and future Coinbase Consumer clients' needs and desires inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external comms.
- You will execute multiple aspects of product marketing; from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, education and engagement campaigns, events and communication.
- You will work cross-functionally with product, design, brand, communications, support, etc. to build our pipeline, push forward ongoing sales, and launch new products.
- You will think big about the future of crypto and how you can bring institutions into the cryptoeconomy more quickly.
- You will measure and report against the performance of product marketing initiatives
Nice to haves:
- 8+ years of Product Marketing, Growth Marketing or Product Management experience within a B2C context
- Experience creating & implementing consumer segmentation based on demographics, attitudes, behaviors and customer lifetime value
- Demonstrated track record of creating customer segment oriented campaigns to steer new customer acquisition, deepen engagement & retention
- Experience successfully launching products within an eCommerce, Consumer Internet, Retail, AdTech, Digital Wallet or FinTech business
- Advanced quantitative and deductive skills. Ability to distinguish between the signal and the noise and make data-guided actions
- Exceptional working knowledge of email marketing, SEO & SEM and social platforms. Similarly, experience creating compelling consumer content strategies would be highly desired.
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch: be ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- You have crypto experience and a knowledge of the retail crypto market.
- You have experience working on a global product.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.